FYI, We have two separate types of “stuff” available and want to make the information on this blog about both types.
We have “cut out” wooden letters and numbers that are used for so many different things, including nursery letters, wall letters, and sign letters.
Our wood letters are cut in several different font styles that can be seen on the front page of our website. We cut most of our wooden letters from 1/4″ red oak plywood (with an MDF core) or 13mm (1/4″) PVC plastic.
We also make custom carved routed wood signs.
Wood signs are useful but they are also highly beautiful, offering a unique touch to any area. If you are looking for a custom routed wood sign, you should know what to look for specifically. One of the best places to find the quality you are looking for is from Dave’s Signs, where personal care is taken with each wood sign order.
What to Look For In Wood Signs
As you seek out that unique wood sign for your home, business or for a gift, consider a few of the qualities that the provider should offer to you. When you find these elements present, you know that you are getting the best possible product.
- Ensure that the process is done by hand and done one at a time. There are many companies that allow you to select the wording, but the process is automated and done without any actual handwork. This reduces the quality of the finished piece and really does limit the overall beauty of the final product. Instead, ensure that the company offers wood signs that are done by hand and that each sign is done one at a time rather than in a factory style.
- The materials used to make the signs are also important. Most likely you will be investing a bit of money into these wood signs. Therefore, you want the product to not only last a long time, but to look great throughout its life. The best way to ensure this is to purchase wood signs made on redwood or cedar. These two types of wood are the best for their beauty, strength and durability. Also, be sure that the final product is finished properly. It is often best to select three coats of exterior urethane finish to offer the lasting protection the sign needs.
- When buying wood signs, look at how the boards are joined together. Many companies simply purchase factory built planks and use these to create the signs. However, it is best to select those that show that the cedar boards are hand jointed. This hand jointing ensures the wood’s beauty and offers more stability to the piece. It is a higher quality and it will last.
- Ensure the company gives you the ability to select the image or wording. Some companies, like Dave’s Signs, give you free range over the wording layout.
There are many ways to know that you are working with the best company possible for your routed wood signs. Look for a company that takes the time needed to create a wood sign that offers true beauty. That takes patience and it takes a quality piece of wood and talent. You can find all of this through Dave’s Signs, and much more.
Wooden house signs can really change the look of your home. These simple signs can help to complete a look or just to offer a simple way of saying hello to your guests. Businesses could find dozens of ways to use wooden signs to decorate their offices and shops. For whatever use, consider how you can customize this look to add a lot of character to your décor. Dave’s Signs makes it easy for individuals to find just the right wooden house signs for their particular needs.
You may know you want to buy wooden house signs, perhaps for yourself or maybe to give as a gift. However, how can you ensure it adds a bit of class and character to the space? There are various ways you can accomplish this. The following tips can help you to do just that.
• First, consider what you want the sign to convey. It could be a simple welcome sign or it could be something more in depth. You can have a customized design created for you, based on a family name, quote or something else meaningful.
• Next, consider the layout of the sign. Its size plays a role in the cost, but larger custom wood signs are more prominent and so better for their use. You can select from the signs already available, and just change the name, or you can select to have a customized creation for your needs.
• Add pictures or other design elements as they fit with the style you are going for. Again, you can select from pre-designed pieces and just add your name or message to it or you can customize the entire piece by adding a football team, a business name or even a picture that represents your location. Be as creative as you would like to be.
• Maybe instead of a custom carved sign, you could use cut-out letters and numbers. This is one area where you can get a bit more creative and choose what you like. For example, you may wish to go with a brush script. Some people choose the curlz script, which offers a bit more of a carefree element to the sign. Another option is to go with western letters, which are similar to what may have been present on buildings in the old west. Train letters are another option to consider, where each letter represents a train car.
When it comes to wooden house signs, consider where you will use them and what the overall message you wish to convey is. You can choose from the type of wood that works for you as well as the finishing paints and stains used to complete the look. Dave’s Signs can really offer the customization you want to have in these wooden house signs.
Wooden house signs make great gifts, too. Take the time to check out some of the options available to you or customize the look to ensure it offers a look that is ideal for your particular needs. You will be impressed by the quality of Dave’s Signs.