Wooden cut-out letters have numerous uses – from house addresses, to hanging baby names in a nursery. But wooden letters are not just for hanging on walls. One unique use is to use wooden cut-out letters as cake toppers. This idea can be one of the most elegant ways to decorate a cake without a large expense, and it looks fantastic. There are many different styles offered and a variety of options to take into consideration for your wooden letters. Companies such as Dave’s Signs do an excellent job of providing individuals with the type of letters they want and need for various styles.
Wooden cut-out letters as cake toppers
Customized cake toppers with wooden cut-out letters are a great opportunity to make your cake look unique. Here are some ideas:
- Wedding cake toppers: If you are planning a wedding, and want a unique wedding cake topper, this is a great route to take. The initials of both first names can be added to the cake. Or, use the words “I Do” to remind everyone of your new commitment.
- You do not have to just go with wooden letters. You can also use wooden cut-out numbers and use these to represent the date of a special event. Do this for wedding cakes, birthdays, anniversaries or any other special day.
- Another idea is to use these for anniversary cake toppers. Use you and your loved ones initials, your anniversary date, or the number of years you’d been together.
- For a birthday cake, use wooden cut-out numbers to show off your loved ones new age.
- Use Dave’s free standing wood numbers for your Wedding Reception table numbers.
Keep in mind that you do have options when it comes to selecting wooden letters for cake toppers. You can choose from different letter and number sizes and font styles. Further, the letters and numbers are handcrafted, giving them that extra special touch of character.
The cut-out letters and numbers each have prongs at the bottom of them that are placed into the cake to provide for a sturdy display. In the four inch letter cake toppers, for example, these letters have two-inch high prongs at the bottom. The wood prongs are dipped in candle wax so that there are no wooden splinters in the cake after they’re removed.
As you can see, wooden letters and wooden numbers work very well as a way to add class and character to any cake. It is understood, though, that you want your event to be unique. Therefore, select the type of letters that work for you, such as a beautiful French silk. The quality offered by Dave’s Signs is excellent. Each of the letters is handcrafted and created from ¼” thick red oak plywood. The letters have a natural oak grain finish, giving them a beautiful look. Take some time to check out the options available to you from Dave’s Signs, one of the best locations to get the most affordable wooden signs and cut-out wooden letters and numbers.
Wall letters seem like such a simple thing but they can be one of the best tools for decorating. Wooden letters, such as those offered by Dave’s Signs, can be used in various ways to accomplish a wide range of things, including sentimental statements to funny welcome signs. These letters work for virtually any reason since they are available in different sizes and styles and can be finished in various ways. Use them in your home, business or any place else where you have something to say.
How to Use Wall Letters
Using wall letters is not something that has to follow a specific rule book. The fact is that you will find a wide range of ways to use them, no matter how creative you are. Here are some tips to help you to select the right wooden wall letters and how to use them in virtually any area.
First, consider the different styles of wooden letters. Some styles offered by Dave’s Signs are very formal and will work well in just about any environment. Use these for the letters of your family name on the outer door to your home.
- Consider using the more whimsical and playful styles for areas within the home. You can select from various colors to match any room of the home.
- One way to add a special touch to your home is to use the letters to spell out your baby’s name in the nursery. With simple wooden wall letters, you can have the child’s name right over his or her crib and officially make the room special.
- For those who are looking for a way to place a memorable saying or a favorite quote in their home, the best solution is with wall letters. Rather than use stencils, which tend to be difficult to use, or stickers which look tacky, go with these letters. You can select the style that works for the quote and easily attach the letters in any style on the wall itself.
- If your children are getting older and it is time to update the look of their bedroom, do so with wall letters. For toddlers and younger children, buy one of every letter in the alphabet and circle the room. What a great way to help them to learn the letters and to do so in a stylish fashion that adds to the room.
- For a business place, use wall letters to spell out the name of the company in your office or to place the company’s name on the outside of the building it occupies.
Each of these ideas can get you started. Be creative. For wall letter options, check out Dave’s Signs. Select from numbers and letters ranging from one inch up to six inches or more. Select from font styles such as western for a casual room, or French Script font for a more elegant look.